Our client is recruiting a Junior Compliance Analyst (11 months)
Reporting to the Guernsey Senior Analyst, CVT & Compliance Business Advisory, the incumbent will provide support to Compliance in ensuring the Group’s Compliance and Financial Crime Policies and procedures follow best practice in terms of meeting legislative and regulatory requirements through tracking and research.
This individual will be responsible for providing support to the compliance teams in Guernsey across a variety of functions including Alert Management, Monitoring & Surveillance, Data Management, Quality Insurance testing and Customer Due Diligence.
- Assisting with queries from senior members of Compliance team.
- Assisting with the review of client on-boarding practices and documentation
- Assisting with data analytics to ensure monitoring and surveillance requirements are undertaken
- Assisting with data analytics and related research to enhance the quality assurance reviews undertaken by Compliance
- Learning to communicate compliance and risk management standards to internal clients
- Assisting with improving data quality
- Assisting compliance validation testing and spot checks as assigned, based on agreed parameters; engaging with the business partners on identified areas of concern and crafting reports accordingly
- Assisting with identifying data quality issues and making recommendations as to suggested changes
- Notifying management of any standards not met
- Assisting with regulatory projects including gap analysis between regulation/policy and practice, tracking regulatory
- Findings and ad hoc requests from the regulator.
- 0-2 years Compliance or Financial Crime experience
- Ability to promptly and appropriately escalate risks and/or failure of standards to be met, to management
- Good communication skills, both written and spoken (primary language English) with relevant internal stakeholders on
- Compliance or Financial Crime standards
- Ability to analyse reports, identify failings and to notify same together with recommendations for remediation
- Ability to produce and maintain reliable recordkeeping arrangements of activities undertaken to ensure that such records
- meet inter al and external requirements
- Proven ability to operate effectively in a team
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task and work to tight deadlines
- High ethical standards with the ability to handle sensitive and confidential matters with absolute discretion
Proactive reserves the right:
To call only the shortlisted candidates for interview.
Not to make any appointment following this advertisement nor to assign any reason whatsoever for accepting or rejecting any candidate.