Our client in the Recreation/ Tourism sector is looking for a Travel Coordinator.
The Travel Coordinator makes travel arrangements for guests by liaising between the Travel Advisor and suppliers. An intricate understanding of the personalised service offering that the Company delivers to all of it’s guest partners. The Company Travel team aims to provide a professional service to guests who make direct contact with them; enhance the guests travel experience; and maximise revenue flow whilst providing expert travel advice.
- Administrative work required to create and finalise a booking.
- Establish and maintain relationships with Travel Advisors and suppliers.
- Assist the Company to provide an extraordinary and positive experience for the guests.
- Ensuring response turnaround times are maintained and that work is of an exceptional standard.
- Review completeness of guest travel information and itineraries booked by Travel Coordinators.
- Be available after hours to assist with urgent queries and/or complaints.
- Perform any other ad hoc projects or assignments as required by the Company from time-to-time.
Skills and experience:
- Be of Mauritian descent or a holder of a valid work permit.
- Fluency in French and English
- Tourism industry experience (preferably in tour operating and/or reservations) within the luxury travel in Africa market.
- A natural ability to deal with people combined with a strong client focus.
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills – _verbal and written.
- Above average knowledge of MS Excel; MS word; and MS Outlook.
- The ability to work under pressure, independently, as well as part of a team.
- Experience in managing direct customer relationships.
- Strong interpersonal skills (emotional intelligence).
- Have a flexible approach to working hours; be open minded and intuitive.
- Be committed to conservation
Proactive reserves the right:
To call only the shortlisted candidates for interview.
Not to make any appointment following this advertisement nor to assign any reason whatsoever for accepting or rejecting any candidate.