Our client, in the agricultural sector, is looking for a Factory Production Manager (3-year contract) based in Moshi-Kilimanjaro.
Reporting to the Factory Executive Officer (FAEO), main purpose of the job below:
- Responsible for the operation of the factory
- Responsible for process and operational requirements of new projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that decisions taken and procedures regarding operation of the factory are understood and applied by the various Heads of Sections and their teams.
- Report to the FAEO on regular basis on the progress and difficulties encountered by Heads of Sections (HOS) to meet their targets.
- Give technical advice to the FAEO when necessary.
- Assist the various HOS in writing Work Instructions (operational procedures), especially ensuring that what is written is applicable and fits in the general operation of the factory.
- Ensure that the HOS and their teams understand the environmental, health and safety policy and apply the underlying provisions and procedures.
- Ensure that employees are getting adequate and sufficient training to produce adequate work in terms of quantity and quality, in safe working conditions.
- To adopt a continuous improvement approach to all aspects (Operations, Assets, People) of the section and ensure that the adequate operational practices are applied in order to gradually improve sugar recovery, factory time efficiency and to maximize the use of the factory capacity.
- Propose and implement ways to improve the productivity and multi-skilling of employees.
- Ensure that the proper spares are purchased in good time and that the equipment is properly maintained to guarantee a sustained production of sugar.
- Ensure proper follow up of the levels of factory effluents and emissions to gradually achieve the highest possible standards in terms of environment protection.
- Act as FAEO when required.
Education and Experience:
Degree in Food Processing, Chemical Engineering or any other related field
Short Sugar Technology course.
5 years in Food Production Management, at least 3 of which must be in a sugar factory environment.
Proactive reserves the right:
To call only the shortlisted candidates for interview.
Not to make any appointment following this advertisement nor to assign any reason whatsoever for accepting or rejecting any candidate.